Saturday, April 7, 2012

Will You Have a Ride?


What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?
Mark 8:36
Have you ever desired something so much that you didn’t real­ize what you would be giving up in order to gain this prize?
In Des Moines, Iowa, a group of young men were arrested for trespassing and attempted burglary. The foursome had driven to a car lot late at night and removed a set of tires from a vehi­cle there. Unbeknownst to them, the owner of the lot had seen them on a closed circuit camera. So, while they were busy try­ing to steal his tires . . . he picked up their vehicle with his fork­lift and hid it inside a building. When they had finished their dirty work and were ready to leave; they had no transportation.
In much the same way, many people spend their lives striving to get all of the things that should make them happy, but they never devel­op a personal relationship with God. And it’s that relationship which will provide the transportation when the time comes to leave this life.
I challenge you to evaluate your personal relationship with God. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior? Someday, you will have to leave this earth. When that day comes, will you have a ride?
“I don’t believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive.”
- Joseph Campbell (1904-1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I was born in Arkansas, raised between New Mexico and California. I have two beautiful daughters and one handsome son. Proud grandmother of 10 and great grandmother of 6. I derived my education from the school of hard knocks and came out a much better person for it. Strong will run amok was almost my demise but today it works in my favor. I gave it over to God and he healed me. I have an imaginary choke collar like a puppy wears and daily God tugs it because he loves me and wants to keep me safe. Because of God's grace I have a wonderful life today! I pray you find Him today!